This is something that I ask all of my couples because I think it is very important to couples - and their families that lost loved ones be honored in some way.
When I got married (eons ago) my Grammy had passed on and I missed her every day (still do!) and I kept trying to think of ways to show that she was still with me.
Here are some ideas for you to use to Honor your lost loved one!
- Add a poem or saying to your ceremony program.
- Have a small table with photo that your guests can view upon entering your ceremony or reception.
- Have the Pastor mention something during the ceremony
- The bride and groom light a candle in honor of them before the ceremony begins.
- Adding a photo to your bouquet.
- In lieu of wedding favors make a charitable donation.
- Reserve a seat for them at the ceremony with a flower or something that was special to them.
- Give all of the guests a small candle and before the ceremony begins the Pastor says a prayer and the bride and groom light the first guest candle and then each guest lights the next guest candle until all are lit.
- Have a photo of the loved one sewn into your wedding gown.
- Have a moment of silence during the ceremony.
There are many ways that you can honor a loved one. Figure out what they would have liked and you are half way there!