Yes, I get it, it is your wedding day and it should be all about you. BUT to have a successful event you have to make sure that your guests will have a good time also. I'm not talking about just hosting an open bar, I'm talking come guest comfort that will make your event much more enjoyable and memorable for both YOU and your guests!
- Make sure the address to the ceremony and reception are clearly on the invitation or insert cards on your wedding invitations. Most guests' use GPS if they don't know where they are going so map/direction cards are optional.
- Pay attention to time! If you start your ceremony an hour late...your reception will end an hour early and you may not have the time to see all of your guests and they won't have time to enjoy having the family all together.
- Make sure that you create a room block. Out of town guests may not know where to stay. This helps them quite a bit with at least 2 to 3 options close to the ceremony or reception site.
- Try to visit each table, if only for a couple of minutes, to make them all feel welcome. They'll appreciate the gesture and you'll love all the congratulations!
- BE YOU! On your wedding day, just be you! Your groom is marrying YOU and your family and friends have gathered to see YOU! Make sure she is there....you get the idea!