This past March Dashua & Joseph got married at Beaches Ocho Rios in Jamaica! We were lucky to be able to work with them and their family to plan and execute their Destination Wedding and their families travel! Check out their beautiful photos below!
Get our new destination wedding planner guide!Read More
Check out the new designs that Sandals & Beaches Resorts has to offer!Read More
View some of the wonderful photos that could be yours at your destination wedding!Read More
Learn about leasing your own private island for your wedding or honeymoon!
Sitting at the center of the beautiful Exuma chain made up of little, scattered islands, deserted beaches and sandbars is Fowl Cay Resort. A vacation on Fowl Cay is truly like no other... and there are barely words to describe it–other than this is a getaway you need to experience for yourself. The best way to describe Fowl Cay Resort is that it is a casual vacation experience that combines the freedom of renting your very own island villa (or the entire island) with all the quality amenities of a full-service resort.
Each villa comes with a fully equipped and stocked kitchen where you will wake up each morning on your own schedule and make your own breakfast. Then for lunch have our chef pack you a picnic lunch to take to a deserted beach in your own boat (also included with your villa). After you spend your day exploring the central Exumas, come back to Fowl Cay and shower in your luxurious villa and head up to the Hill House for cocktail hour and a gourmet meal with the other guests on the island and enjoy great food and conversation. It's laid back luxury in the natural beauty of the islands that makes Fowl Cay so special and why a vacation with us will redefine your idea of relaxing and getting away from it all.
Ask us how to make your reservation!
Since we help brides and grooms plan their destination weddings and honeymoons for free with Sandals or Beaches resorts we created a group where they can talk to one another about the planning process, learn about Sandals & Beaches Destination Weddings or just ask questions about the resorts available. It is a great way to learn what Sandals & Beaches has to offer and see what other brides and grooms are doing!
If you are interested in joining just follow the link below.
If you are interested in hosting your wedding at a Sandals or Beaches resorts - please contact us! We love them! :)
“So, now what?” you might ask. The key tool when you start out, and throughout your wedding planning journey, should be a good wedding checklist. It helps to keep your work load in perspective so you know when you will be overwhelmed and when you won’t be, but if you use the checklist properly (keeping on pace) you should have a great wedding planning experience. I have gone through and added some commentary and notes to keep track of as you plan!
12 months before
- Announce your engagement to family and friends and plan an engagement party! (If you hire your wedding planner now – you’ll get some help with this too!!)
- Place an engagement announcement in your local newspaper. If you are in the Greensboro/Burlington area just email us – we have the form that you need to fill out and can email it to you! (Veronica@beindthescenesinc.com)
- Sign up for a wedding website to keep your guests informed about event details, area information, etc. These are fun and not difficult. We offer this free to our clients – complete with this checklist and lot’s more!
- Work on the budget. I really wanted to put this one first. A budget is not what things cost it is what you want to spend on the wedding. Make sure that this is a priority!
- Purchase a wedding planning organizer or calendar to keep track of important dates and appointments (fittings, vendor meetings, showers, etc.). There are also tons of online things you can use, but for me….I need paper and pen! J
- Find Ideas. Start browsing Real Weddings, Pinterest, bridal blogs and magazines to identify your wedding style and color palette.
- Meet with a few wedding planners and hire one! A wedding planner will help you more than on the day of and cut this planning checklist in half!
- Choose a wedding date – select a few days in case your first choice is booked, be open when you choose this, it will make your life a lot easier.
- Choose a location and reserve your ceremony and reception site(s). Think about the décor that you want to have, does it fit? Ask for a complete floor plan from a past wedding that had your estimated amount of guests so you can get an idea of what your wedding will look like. Decide – same location or different location, think of your guests also that will be traveling!
- Begin a rough guest listand compile current addresses, phone numbers and emails. Yes, you will need all of this – for follow up reasons and then Christmas Cards!!
- Decide on who you’d like to have as your attendants, including your maid of honor and best man. Send them something to ask – a cute card, do a little more than just asking them via email or Facebook.
- Begin shopping for your wedding gown. Once you venue is booked this job gets easier because then you have an idea of the look that you are going for. I know, I know, you wanted this one sooner, but trust me it will save you a headache later, and maybe a few bucks!
Keep reading for the rest of the months of planning - if you are in the process use this list to make sure that you are going down the right road!
Don't forget your guests - they've traveled quite a way to share in your special day. Here are some ideas of things that you can pick up either at the destination wedding location or easily pack in your luggage!
A Tote Bag - If your destination wedding is anywhere near a beach a tote bag is a great idea! I know I always forget to bring a little bag to carry those essentials to the water, my book, suntan lotion, glasses, maybe a bottle of water.
Sunglasses - How many times have you gotten on a plane to the Caribbean and forgot your sunglasses? Some cute little glasses in your wedding colors would be fun for guests!
Some Local Flavor - no matter where you are there is always a little something in a great little shop! Spend some time hunting - or just talk to your wedding planner - or venue planner and ask...a little local treat goes a long way!''
Luggage Tags - Other than letting you know that it's your luggage coming down the conveyor belt at an airport there really isn't much use for a luggage tag (the airlines don't care) but once you get to the belt and see that sea of black bags circling you'll be glad to see that tag...and your guests will also!
Don't forget the little things - bottled water, chap stick and a bag or two of chips!
Preview your Weddingmoon®with 2 nights in paradise!
Now you can get a sneak peek of what's in store for your dream destination wedding! Hop on a plane to the Caribbean and Test Drive Your WeddingMoon® at Sandals Resorts. Chat one-on-one with wedding experts, look over venue, décor, cake and flower options, and take-in the surrounding tropical beauty as you experience first-hand everything our Luxury Included® resorts have to offer. Don't be shy. Take a closer look. We're confident once you visit our breathtaking resorts, you'll know you are making the right decision in choosing Sandals® for your special day. Best of all, you'll receive up to a $700 credit* when you book your WeddingMoon® group of 10 rooms or more!
- LUXURIOUS ACCOMMODATIONS
- CAKE & CHAMPAGNE TASTING
- ROMANTIC DINNER FOR TWO
- CARIBBEAN INSPIRED LANE® SPA
- UNLIMITED WATER SPORTS
What is included you ask? Check out the below!
Inclusions FOR COUPLES:
- Round-trip Airport Transfers
- Luxurious Accommodations
- Meet and Greet with Resort Wedding Team
- Meet with Snap Shots® Wedding Photography Team
- Champagne and Cake Tasting
- Wedding Décor Sampling
- Resort Preview (inclusive of nearby Sandals or Beaches Resort if applicable)
- Savor the world with Discovery Dining at up to 15 different restaurants
- Unlimited top-shelf premium drinks and Beringer® Wines
- Access to unlimited land and water sports
- Access to the Luxury Award-winning Red Lane® Spa
- Nightly Entertainment
- Romantic dinner for two at a resort specialty restaurant with white-glove service and a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
- Complimentary 5x7 photograph
Ready to go? Just click here and fill out the form and a representative from Sandals will contact you to discuss details! If you change your mind....well you are allowed to do that!
Thankfully over the years we've had several weddings in print from local wedding mags, blogs to national magazines and websites. What we hear quite a bit from our clients is "We want to see our wedding in print". It is possible - no matter what the budget as long as it is pretty and you don't miss the following images:
- Your Stationery Suite - this includes your Save The Dates, invitations, even down to the table numbers and menu cards.
- The Cake - Have you seen a real wedding in print and not the cake?
- Kids and/or Pets! - Self explanatory.
- Scenic Shot with the couple - background of forestry or the beautifully lit venue
- Shoes - go for color!
- Venue - this doesn't mean the front of the building, it means the set up of tables, table settings, centerpieces, etc. Be sure to use color table linens - otherwise the white just wash everything out.
- Bridesmaids - do something fun!
- Aisle Markers - have something going down to mark your entrances. Don't forget the altar area also. Even if it is just a small backdrop with some up lights, it makes a huge difference!
- Bouquet - DUH!
- Boutonniere - Double DUH!
- The Recessional - this is you as a married couple leaving the altar.
- Escort Cards - make this interesting, also this photo needs to be taken before any of the escort cards are missing!
- Centerpieces.....of course!
- The Getaway. These are the sparklers the old timey cars, limo's or just running down the street!
Check out our press page for inspiration!