Send us your love story and you could win a full service planning program!Read More
But do you want to? or which of her weddings do you want to mirror? Lately I've had 2 brides to be bring me photos of this reality stars' wedding and to be honest - I don't enjoy it. Two reasons when TV is paying for your wedding or you have millions to put behind it, yes I can do it for you. When you don't have the budget for it, we are playing in another ball field. Not only that...she's been divorced once...and another divorce is pending. From years of experience I know what the brides are really saying...I want beautiful and elegant and a detailed event. Now this we can deliver on! Here are some of the details that I love from Kim's wedding with Kris H that you can incorporate to make your day special!
The entire bridal party wore white! LOVE IT!!
Very dramatic, rushed chair covers, long tables, simple centerpieces, pin spotted cake! LOVE IT!!
Dance floor adornment! LOVE IT!
When you plan your wedding, don't try to copy someone else's wedding day, create your own. Make sure that every detail is about you and your groom.
Don't let planning your wedding day overwhelm you - it should be a fun time for the both of you!Read More
Don't forget your guests - they've traveled quite a way to share in your special day. Here are some ideas of things that you can pick up either at the destination wedding location or easily pack in your luggage!
A Tote Bag - If your destination wedding is anywhere near a beach a tote bag is a great idea! I know I always forget to bring a little bag to carry those essentials to the water, my book, suntan lotion, glasses, maybe a bottle of water.
Sunglasses - How many times have you gotten on a plane to the Caribbean and forgot your sunglasses? Some cute little glasses in your wedding colors would be fun for guests!
Some Local Flavor - no matter where you are there is always a little something in a great little shop! Spend some time hunting - or just talk to your wedding planner - or venue planner and ask...a little local treat goes a long way!''
Luggage Tags - Other than letting you know that it's your luggage coming down the conveyor belt at an airport there really isn't much use for a luggage tag (the airlines don't care) but once you get to the belt and see that sea of black bags circling you'll be glad to see that tag...and your guests will also!
Don't forget the little things - bottled water, chap stick and a bag or two of chips!
Preview your Weddingmoon®with 2 nights in paradise!
Now you can get a sneak peek of what's in store for your dream destination wedding! Hop on a plane to the Caribbean and Test Drive Your WeddingMoon® at Sandals Resorts. Chat one-on-one with wedding experts, look over venue, décor, cake and flower options, and take-in the surrounding tropical beauty as you experience first-hand everything our Luxury Included® resorts have to offer. Don't be shy. Take a closer look. We're confident once you visit our breathtaking resorts, you'll know you are making the right decision in choosing Sandals® for your special day. Best of all, you'll receive up to a $700 credit* when you book your WeddingMoon® group of 10 rooms or more!
- LUXURIOUS ACCOMMODATIONS
- CAKE & CHAMPAGNE TASTING
- ROMANTIC DINNER FOR TWO
- CARIBBEAN INSPIRED LANE® SPA
- UNLIMITED WATER SPORTS
What is included you ask? Check out the below!
Inclusions FOR COUPLES:
- Round-trip Airport Transfers
- Luxurious Accommodations
- Meet and Greet with Resort Wedding Team
- Meet with Snap Shots® Wedding Photography Team
- Champagne and Cake Tasting
- Wedding Décor Sampling
- Resort Preview (inclusive of nearby Sandals or Beaches Resort if applicable)
- Savor the world with Discovery Dining at up to 15 different restaurants
- Unlimited top-shelf premium drinks and Beringer® Wines
- Access to unlimited land and water sports
- Access to the Luxury Award-winning Red Lane® Spa
- Nightly Entertainment
- Romantic dinner for two at a resort specialty restaurant with white-glove service and a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
- Complimentary 5x7 photograph
Ready to go? Just click here and fill out the form and a representative from Sandals will contact you to discuss details! If you change your mind....well you are allowed to do that!
A more couture bride will need to purchase her gown 9 months in advance (this is AFTER the location is BOOKED), This is for those brides that don't buy off the rack. Most couture gowns need to be made and it takes time to make them to your size specifications. Then since the dress was ordered so far in advance you'll need to have alterations done, again this takes time depending on the beading and folds on the dress. You don't want to rush the process because that is when errors happen You should have your dress in hand for final alterations at least 3 months before the wedding date.
There are a lot of brides out there the rush and buy their dress. This is a little backwards, you find the dress that fits the overall theme and/or environment of your wedding day. You dont want to rush out and buy a ball gown and then decide to get married on the beach right!?
Some of the different types of shops to start looking in:
1. Head on out to a destination Salon! Visit Kleinfield's in New York or a designers shop - please note that there aren't any in North Carolina.
2. Want to stay local there are a few local bridal salons, but you should call ahead and make an appointment.
3. You can try one of those wedding mega stores like David's Bridal
4. Want to try your dress on at home? Go online just be sure to read all of the instructions first. You don't want to get stuck with a dress that you don't want and can't afford.
Thankfully over the years we've had several weddings in print from local wedding mags, blogs to national magazines and websites. What we hear quite a bit from our clients is "We want to see our wedding in print". It is possible - no matter what the budget as long as it is pretty and you don't miss the following images:
- Your Stationery Suite - this includes your Save The Dates, invitations, even down to the table numbers and menu cards.
- The Cake - Have you seen a real wedding in print and not the cake?
- Kids and/or Pets! - Self explanatory.
- Scenic Shot with the couple - background of forestry or the beautifully lit venue
- Shoes - go for color!
- Venue - this doesn't mean the front of the building, it means the set up of tables, table settings, centerpieces, etc. Be sure to use color table linens - otherwise the white just wash everything out.
- Bridesmaids - do something fun!
- Aisle Markers - have something going down to mark your entrances. Don't forget the altar area also. Even if it is just a small backdrop with some up lights, it makes a huge difference!
- Bouquet - DUH!
- Boutonniere - Double DUH!
- The Recessional - this is you as a married couple leaving the altar.
- Escort Cards - make this interesting, also this photo needs to be taken before any of the escort cards are missing!
- Centerpieces.....of course!
- The Getaway. These are the sparklers the old timey cars, limo's or just running down the street!
Check out our press page for inspiration!