Get our new destination wedding planner guide!Read More
Check out the new designs that Sandals & Beaches Resorts has to offer!Read More
View some of the wonderful photos that could be yours at your destination wedding!Read More
Yes, there is a difference between a wedding planner and an event designer. A planner plans and a designer designs. Very different. Anyway here are some benefits of hiring an event designer! Time Saver
Why hunt for wedding linens and all those little details? You should be enjoying your time being engaged. Let a professional help with all that. We are trained to make your event look and feel like you as a couple!
We've done it before. Most likely this is your first time getting married - or having a wedding. Its our 200th time! We work everyday to gather information on items, professionals, pricing, venues, etc. Let us use our knowledge to your benefit.
We do attend those boring networking evenings (some are fun), to make sure that we know who is who in our industry. We also keep track of what they can - and cannot do, what they charge, etc so we can pass that knowledge onto our clients.
All you need to worry about is your hair, makeup and attire. That is it. We worry about your guests having a good time, making sure that everything is as you wanted it (or more!).
Even if you are creative a wedding designer can come up with something unique just for the two of you. Sometime it is a backdrop, food display, guest table design, centerpiece design, invitation design. There are loads of places for a designer to be creative in a wedding!
Just a few of our designs:
Learn about leasing your own private island for your wedding or honeymoon!
Sitting at the center of the beautiful Exuma chain made up of little, scattered islands, deserted beaches and sandbars is Fowl Cay Resort. A vacation on Fowl Cay is truly like no other... and there are barely words to describe it–other than this is a getaway you need to experience for yourself. The best way to describe Fowl Cay Resort is that it is a casual vacation experience that combines the freedom of renting your very own island villa (or the entire island) with all the quality amenities of a full-service resort.
Each villa comes with a fully equipped and stocked kitchen where you will wake up each morning on your own schedule and make your own breakfast. Then for lunch have our chef pack you a picnic lunch to take to a deserted beach in your own boat (also included with your villa). After you spend your day exploring the central Exumas, come back to Fowl Cay and shower in your luxurious villa and head up to the Hill House for cocktail hour and a gourmet meal with the other guests on the island and enjoy great food and conversation. It's laid back luxury in the natural beauty of the islands that makes Fowl Cay so special and why a vacation with us will redefine your idea of relaxing and getting away from it all.
Ask us how to make your reservation!
Send us your love story and you could win a full service planning program!Read More
If you haven't read the checklist from 12 months follow this link: The Checklist - 12 Months If you are 9 months away from your wedding then keep reading!
6-9 months before
- Research and choose one or more bridal gift registry. Visit Dillard’s at the Four Seasons Mall – great prices for your guests and quality merchandise for you! They also offer free makeovers and free fittings for the undergarments you’ll need for your wedding day! Save time…follow this link to pre-register, then just go in the store and scan away!
- Order your wedding gown and buy undergarments that you will wear with it (bring these to all fittings)
- Order other bridal accessories – shoes, gloves and veil
- Begin shopping for bridesmaids dresses
- Find an officiantwho will perform your ceremony.
- Research local professionals and book ceremony musicians, a wedding reception band or DJ, photographer, videographer, caterer, baker and florist. Your wedding planner will be able to make referrals.
Be sure to check future and past blog posts for questions to ask each of the professionals that you will need to hire.
- On a side note - if you want Uncle Bob to do the photography - have him sign a contract and make sure that you assign someone or let your planner know so she can keep him focused on the task at hand. Having friends and family take part can be a great thing, but it can also be the worst decision you've ever made!
Since we help brides and grooms plan their destination weddings and honeymoons for free with Sandals or Beaches resorts we created a group where they can talk to one another about the planning process, learn about Sandals & Beaches Destination Weddings or just ask questions about the resorts available. It is a great way to learn what Sandals & Beaches has to offer and see what other brides and grooms are doing!
If you are interested in joining just follow the link below.
If you are interested in hosting your wedding at a Sandals or Beaches resorts - please contact us! We love them! :)
Don't forget your guests - they've traveled quite a way to share in your special day. Here are some ideas of things that you can pick up either at the destination wedding location or easily pack in your luggage!
A Tote Bag - If your destination wedding is anywhere near a beach a tote bag is a great idea! I know I always forget to bring a little bag to carry those essentials to the water, my book, suntan lotion, glasses, maybe a bottle of water.
Sunglasses - How many times have you gotten on a plane to the Caribbean and forgot your sunglasses? Some cute little glasses in your wedding colors would be fun for guests!
Some Local Flavor - no matter where you are there is always a little something in a great little shop! Spend some time hunting - or just talk to your wedding planner - or venue planner and ask...a little local treat goes a long way!''
Luggage Tags - Other than letting you know that it's your luggage coming down the conveyor belt at an airport there really isn't much use for a luggage tag (the airlines don't care) but once you get to the belt and see that sea of black bags circling you'll be glad to see that tag...and your guests will also!
Don't forget the little things - bottled water, chap stick and a bag or two of chips!
Preview your Weddingmoon®with 2 nights in paradise!
Now you can get a sneak peek of what's in store for your dream destination wedding! Hop on a plane to the Caribbean and Test Drive Your WeddingMoon® at Sandals Resorts. Chat one-on-one with wedding experts, look over venue, décor, cake and flower options, and take-in the surrounding tropical beauty as you experience first-hand everything our Luxury Included® resorts have to offer. Don't be shy. Take a closer look. We're confident once you visit our breathtaking resorts, you'll know you are making the right decision in choosing Sandals® for your special day. Best of all, you'll receive up to a $700 credit* when you book your WeddingMoon® group of 10 rooms or more!
- LUXURIOUS ACCOMMODATIONS
- CAKE & CHAMPAGNE TASTING
- ROMANTIC DINNER FOR TWO
- CARIBBEAN INSPIRED LANE® SPA
- UNLIMITED WATER SPORTS
What is included you ask? Check out the below!
Inclusions FOR COUPLES:
- Round-trip Airport Transfers
- Luxurious Accommodations
- Meet and Greet with Resort Wedding Team
- Meet with Snap Shots® Wedding Photography Team
- Champagne and Cake Tasting
- Wedding Décor Sampling
- Resort Preview (inclusive of nearby Sandals or Beaches Resort if applicable)
- Savor the world with Discovery Dining at up to 15 different restaurants
- Unlimited top-shelf premium drinks and Beringer® Wines
- Access to unlimited land and water sports
- Access to the Luxury Award-winning Red Lane® Spa
- Nightly Entertainment
- Romantic dinner for two at a resort specialty restaurant with white-glove service and a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
- Complimentary 5x7 photograph
Ready to go? Just click here and fill out the form and a representative from Sandals will contact you to discuss details! If you change your mind....well you are allowed to do that!